Sometime last year I decided that I was going to become the next ‘upcoming blogger on the block/blog’………….it so did not happen because life & Cookalooks happened
Cookalooks: had a cracker Festive season with Christmas parties, cooking classes, year end functions and loads of outside catering every day for a period for 8 weeks … I finally hung up my apron on the 24th Dec and spent the next 3 days in the horizontal position (this means flat on my back doing nuffing)
Life: A son off to brave the big bad world…
A clutch overall (this means my clutch was f@%*^$ and I had to get a new one)
A family crisis (ok so it wasn’t quite a crisis but it felt like it to me)
Root canal + tooth extraction…..this seriously should be at the top of the list but I don’t want to offend my son
And who thought buying a little printer would turn me into a ranting raving lunatic
Anyways what I’m trying to say is that I’m BACK…!!!
I’ve decided to keep it simple after that long introduction so here is my simple potato cake recipe that stole the show at my Valentine’s cooking classes.
8x potatoes boiled with their skins on until cooked through (I used the skins to make potato skins the next day)
Salt & Black pepper
- Using a fork mash the potato filling until it resembles a rough mash…a few rough bits gives the potato cake character….it’s easier to do this when the filling is still warm
- Season with salt &black pepper.
- Bring a handful of mash together and place in the hollow of a muffin tin until just sticking out over the top.
- Pour a little cream over and around the potato….approx 15ml of cream per potato cake.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (200C)for approx. 20-25min or until crispy & golden brown.